Monday, November 27, 2006

When Jet-Lag isn't Jet-Lag...

Turns out I wasn't as jet-lagged as I thought. I've been sleeping cray amounts of time all week, but I thnk I found the cause. The day after I arrived I took my malaria prophylaxis, and I thought I had read the instructions carefully. But then the other day when I went to take it again (it's a once a week dosage) and I reread the doage instructions.

See, they have a dosage just marked "Adults" in big letters, but further down in teeny tiny letters there is the prohylaxis dosage. Last Saturday I took the reccomended dosage for when you actually have malaria- which is twice the dosage you take if you are just preventing malaria. And that medicine is designed to stay in your system all week. Which was why I spent all of last week sleeping 16 hours a day- and the nightmares were just psychotic. Honestly, if I've seen you more than twice in my life, you were somehow viciously killed or murdered in my dreams this past week. If you would like premonitions of your death in gory detail, feel free to write me...

Finally yesterday and today I'm clearing up and no longer have the sleeping schedule of a house cat.

On the brighter side of things, I feel very confident that I don't haveany malaria in my system as of yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home