Monday, January 21, 2008

White Female Savagery

Mus has a certain great aunt who lives here in Obo- we don't see her often, but when we do, she's always good for a chuckle.

This summer was the first time she wanted to talk to Mus about his involvement with me. She pretended like she was really interested in me and what I did, but before Mus left, she warned him, “Be careful with white women. They've got all kinds of strange diseases- if you aren't careful, you'll catch something from her!”

Well, of course Mus and I chuckled- that's the sort of thing narrow-minded people tell me about dating an African. But then today Mus saw her again and she had a new warning...

“Be careful with that white woman, Mus! If you cheat on her, she'll take a gun and blow your head off! Here in Ghana, we would just get the families together to talk about it, but not those white women. They just go up to you and kill you! It's true! I see it on TV all the time!”

Hooray for Hollywood.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home