Thursday, November 03, 2005

Back to Civilization

Well, we've returned to London, which can only mean one thing- I'll be in Ghana tomorrow!

Paris was really fun. First off, I'd like to dispel the myth that French people are rude. We found everyone, especially waiters, incredibly friendly in Paris. We also happened to be staying in the Nigerian capital of France- I met more Nigerians than Parisians, almost. For some reason, all the Africans I've ever met think I'm hilarious. And not in a I-tell-funny-jokes sort of way, more in that I'm-funny-looking kind of way.

Still, returning to London is a return to normalcy, as some president (Wilson maybe?) once said. First of all, almost everything is where it's supposed to be on this keyboard. I didn't discover apostrophe's in Paris until my last day. I mean, the @ symbol is still in a weird spot here, but I'm working with the system.

It's different not starting every conversation with "Do you speak English?" We were lucky, because in most cases the answer was "a little," which in French translates to "yes, but I'm modest."

Also its nice having a room larger than a broom closet. I was getting kind of sick of sleeping with Dad's feet in my face.

But I will miss Paris. I have to say, Mom and Dad sure don't let me starve here. I've had more French onion soup and creme brulee in a week than in the whole rest of my life combined, and I was getting spoiled. Ghanaian cuisine doesn't suite me quite as well, but I'm sure Mom and Dad still won't let me starve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home