Monday, March 31, 2008

Homeward Bound

Well, for those of you who aren't aware, in just a little over a week I will be leaving on a jet plane. As always this time is full of mixed feelings. On the one hand, I'm really bummed. It's always so hard to get on the plane and leave Mus behind, and it's tough readjusting to living alone again. But on the other hand, I feel kind of ready to end my hibernation. I had a great trip, full of all those hobbies I love but I just don't have time and energy for in the U.S., and I feel rested and ready to tackle work again and implement new ideas. I'm also ready to be spoiled by convenience again, taking bathes and cooking in a clean kitchen (Me and Auntie Kissiwa have vastly different ideas about kitchen hygiene.)


This time of the trip is kind of like the week before going to the dentist. I know I'll be fine once it's all over, but the dread and panic leading up to the time kills me. I wish I didn't know it was coming, that I had no idea what the date was or how much time I had left, and that one day Mus would wake me up and say, "Ok, your plane leaves today. Here's your ticket. And by the way, I packed your suitcase." And then he'd hand me my suitcase, give me a kiss, and shove me out the door. The goodbye would take all of 2 min.

That would be my ideal way of going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home