Saturday, February 24, 2007

Photo Album

As you all know, I haven't been able to post any photos yet of my trip here. There's been some internet access trouble, and even now I don't often come online (which is why you guys get like 3 or 4 posts all at once- I type them on my laptop and bring them on the pen drive and post them all at once).

But, today I'm visiting a friend with high-speed internet, so I'm going post you all a few photos. Please remember that they are just a little appetizer- my favorites that kind of speak for themselves. I'll probably repeat them later in my more in-depth website. (I'm actually building the pages now on the laptop, and I'll bring them all back to the U.S. to post.)

First off, Puppies!


This is Poos-Poos with her daughter, and they are definitely Mother and Daughter! Ellie, the puppy, looks just like her mom, and has the same personality. She loves food and when she approaches humans, she lays her ears back, her tongue is a-going, and she does this little shoulder shimmy dance- all exact replicas of her mom's behavior. They both even sleep with all four paws sticking in the air, as if they were dead! It's hilarious to watch the little puppy impersonate her mom...



This is Cal (forefront) and Tusca. Tusca is Mus's favorite. Cal stands for Tres Calcetines (Three socks). Cal loves having his photos taken, and he runs at me whenever the camera comes out. He jumps in front of whatever I'm taking a photo of... I don't know if he thinks it's food or what...



This is Simon. For those of you who knew my brother's roommate Doug, this is his canine twin.


Puppies being puppies and chewing on anything in their immediate vicinity...


Cal running at me and getting in the way yet again...



Tusca, with Kara in the background. I swear, if she was a kid and not a dog, I could use this photo to advertise for the Christian Childrens' Fund. It just breaks your heart...



This is Satch, The English Governess.


This is Scooby-Doo looking all pathetic. She wants to be petted and she gives me those pleading eyes daily.


This is Ellie again. I know it's grainy- it's blown up from the background of another photo- but I think she's so cute here...


Elephants! Yay!


This is Poos-Poos, the flower child, emerging from her puppies' den.




This is baby Tusca.




Mus is standing in an elephant's footprint.




This is Mus and Sweet Mother. She lives with us in the house- she's some distant relative of the landlady. She has severe epilepsy and mental disabilities so she can't live on her own.


Mus and I blew bubbles on Christmas Day.





That's right, ladies and gentleman... At Mole, they let the elephants get so close to you they climb right in your ear!

Boy, did I have an earache the next day...


This is one of the landlady's grandkids, Papa.


Another grandkid named Junior (As graciously displayed by Mus's mom...)



And finally, Mus's sister, Hamida (who's plotting to secretly kill me and take all my clothes...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I'm jealous that you got to see elephants that were not behind a horrible chain-link fence. I'm totally going to visit you in Ghana some day. You look gorgeous!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home